- Register on our service (email, optional name and image from Facebook or Google)
- Fill out a survey form (optional email field)
- Open a Support Ticket
- When you listen articles - we store your audio and links (but not text itself) - later you can listen and download them
How do we use your information?
- To get you ability to listen to your saved texts
- To get analytic
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or other inquiries)
How do we protect your information?We use the best practice in software development and we host our backend at Amazon Web Services - they perform automatic malicious scans and security updates for underlying software and hardware environment. We use protected database-as-a-service on AWS too. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All payment transactions are processed through a gateway provider (Stripe) and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use "cookies"?Yes, implicitly for Google Analytics and for "remembering" you at our extension and website. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. For instance, we use "cookies" to help us remember and process the items in your personal dashboard on our website and browser extension. "Cookies" are also used to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current service activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
Third-party disclosureWe do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our service, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses (for example the store of extentions collect anonymous statistic about weekly amount of users and their geography).
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. But we do not distinguish our users by age and our third-party tools might possibly collect some insensible personal data for statistics purposes.
EU PERSONAL DATA
If you are located in the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR") related to your Personal Data. Intelligent Speaker will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Service or an account that is controlled by a third party (e.g. your employer).
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Participation
Intelligent Speaker complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Data transferred from the EU to the United States
NOTICE OF WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Types of Personal Data We Collect:
We collect Personal Data when a user (i) creates an account (a "User Account"); (ii) logs into the Service; (iii) interacts with the Service; (iv) generates User Content; (v) communicates with us; and (vi) responds to a communication or interaction from us. Some of the methods and tools we use to collect Personal Data are:
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Intelligent Speaker uses Personal Data to: (i) provide, administer, and improve our Service; (ii) better understand your needs and interests; (iii) fulfill requests you make; (iv) personalize your experience; (v) provide Service announcements; (vi) provide you with information and offers from Intelligent Speaker, Intelligent Speaker Affiliates, and our business partners; (vii) protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, or illegal activity and (viii) comply with legal obligations.
For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Operate and improve the Service
- Learn more about our users and their internet behaviors
- Facilitate communications among and between users and the public in general
- Evaluate eligibility of customers for certain offers, products, or services
- Evaluate the types of offers, products, or services that may be of interest to users
- Provide user support
- Communicate with users regarding support, security, technical issues, commerce, marketing, and transactions
- Facilitate marketing, advertising, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and promotions
- Administer the Service, User Accounts, and transactions with respect to User Accounts
- Enforce our contracts, administering and carrying out our obligations under contracts, and complying with the law
- Publish aggregated data about usage trends, which may be derived from Personal Data
- Complete corporate transactions such as mergers, sales of assets, or bankruptcies
We will only use your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity, and our "legitimate interests" or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data because we need to process the data to perform under our User Agreement with you, which enables us to provide you with the Service. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Service that require such data:
- Contact Information
- User Account Information
- Financial Account Information
- Transaction Information
- User Content
Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe doing so furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties:
- Contact Information
- Financial Account Information
- User Account Information
- Transaction Information
- User Content
- Partner Information
- Log Data
- Operation and improvement of our business, products, and services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
- Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
- Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
Examples of these legitimate interests include:
DATA RETENTIONWe retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you with the Service, and thereafter as set forth in our Service agreement with you (typically 30 days after termination of the Service, or sooner upon request (except as required by law)). In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule, or regulation. Upon disposal, we will destroy or render unreadable any such Personal Data. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
WHAT RIGHTS AND CHOICES DO YOU HAVE REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Data and Other Data Subject Rights You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, and we want to help you review and update your information to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date.We may limit or reject your request in certain cases, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, if it is not required by law, or if the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question. In some cases, we may also need you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, to verify your identity and the nature of your request. We will take reasonable steps to respond to all requests within 30 days (or less!).
If you are an Intelligent Speaker Account holder, you can accomplish most of the following by logging into your User Account. You can also contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional requests or questions:
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems. Please note that if you request the deletion of information required to provide the Service to you, your User Account will be deactivated and you will lose access to the Service.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible. For the following, please email us at email@example.com
Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Service. Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for marketing purposes.
Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may close an account, and upon termination of your User Account, we will take reasonable steps to provide, modify, or delete your Personal Data as soon as is practicable. However, Intelligent Speaker the business interests of Intelligent Speaker, Intelligent Speaker Affiliates, vendors, and other users, and some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law. Those interests include without limitation the completion of transactions, maintaining records for financial reporting purposes, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing agreements.
You can always request to delete your account by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Data that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Data that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Intelligent Speaker pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact as set forth above.
ENFORCEMENT AND RECOURSE
CHILDRENIntelligent Speaker does not knowingly acquire or receive Personal Data from children under the age of 13 (16 in the EU). If we later learn that any user of our Service is under the age of 13 (16 in the EU), we will take appropriate steps to remove that user's information from our account database and will restrict that individual from future access to the Service.